How To Improve Customer Experience and Boost Your NPS
Customer experience (CX) speaks to how people feel when they're interacting with your business. When you have a broad set of quality CX data, you have access to intimate views of the customer's values, desires, and motivations.
And you'll need it all to stay afloat in an ever-crowded landscape: 81% see customer experience as one of the primary arenas in which they're competing for business.
Businesses strategically employ CX metrics like Net Promoter Score to maintain a competitive customer experience. Once they've gathered as much accurate feedback data from customers, insights are drawn from careful, complex analysis.
Whether you're just getting started, or you're looking to boost your existing customer feedback program, here are some ways you can employ CX data to provide the best customer experience, (and boost your NPS along the way).
Know Your Customers Better
Before you can give a customer what they want, you need to know who they are and what they prefer. By collecting individualized data and creating profiles through a management platform, you'll be able to answer key questions, such as:
- What is this person's demographic? By sorting data on a broad scale to spot trends among specific groups according to age, gender, location, or other identifiers, you can anticipate possible preferences for individuals.
- What is their purchase history? Is there a specific realm of products that compels their attention more than others? Do they prefer hoodies over crew-neck sweatshirts?
- How have they engaged with our brand before?
Have they called customer service with any specific requests? Do they send inquiries via email, or do they prefer chat support?
There are a variety of ways to collect this data with a management platform:
- Deploy surveys throughout the purchase process to effectively map each customer's journey
- Maintain individualized customer profiles to track all engagement history and personalized data in one place
- Integrate your survey data platform with CRM systems for a more comprehensive profile
Open Up Communication
When you know how to connect with your customer base, you can engage them more efficiently. This sets the stage for direct, personalized outreach programs:
- Promotional campaigns: Send exclusive offers for items or services that people have a history of browsing or buying
- Referral campaigns: Incentivize returning customers to recommend your brand to a friend
- Re-targeting: Has it been a while since a customer has visited your brand? Reach out to let them know they are missed
Customer feedback management platforms cultivate data that enables that outreach. Methods for this collection might include:
- Collecting engagement data to identify a person's preferred communication platform – email, social, app, etc.
- Analyzing survey responses to identify enthusiastic customers for referral campaigns
- Automating and optimizing feedback collection to make sure you're acting on the most current CX data
Refine Customer Service
Customer service is only one component of overall customer experience, but it's a big one. Customer service is a high-touch moment in the customer journey and it can be an emotional one, involving malfunctioning products or general dissatisfaction.
Customer experience data management platforms are a huge asset in understanding what's working in your customer service and what is not. They do this by tracking a variety of data points:
- Identifying successes and failures by asking targeted questions with quantified response metrics
- Discovering previously unknown pain points by deploying open-text survey questions
- Providing detailed analytic reports that can be used to train new staff (and engage current staff as well)
Optimize Your Website
User experience (UX) is another component of overall customer experience – it's critical to generate feedback about how people engage with your website. Especially because people usually don't stay very long on websites they don't enjoy using.
To break it down, sites with high UX ratings share some fundamental traits:
- Fast loading
- Easily navigated
- Aesthetically appealing
- Streamlined retail checkout system
Does this describe your site? If you're unsure, then the answer is probably no. And if you're totally confident, it's worth asking: what makes you so confident? Do you have data to back it up?
If you have a reliable CX management system, you're able to:
- Collect data from different points in the checkout process
- A/B test new features on your site
- Create personalized experiences based on customer profiles
Integrate Office Culture
From the help desk to the marketing team to the graphic designers to the payment processing department... Everyone in your office plays a role in customer experience.
However, for those team members who rarely interact with real live customers, it might be easy to forget how daily tasks affect CX. This kind of disconnect can have an insidious effect on your company's performance and morale.
Customer experience metrics and platforms allow everyone in the office to connect more directly in a customer-centric culture. This manifests in different ways:
- Setting clear, measurable goals, like an improved overall NPS score
- Establishing common terminology across departments so different teams can better interact and collaborate
- Providing regular updates on goals and metrics in order to keep team members engaged and motivated
Integrate More Customer Data To Improve Customer Experience
Customer experience is one of the most essential dimensions of business operations, and yet it can be one of the trickiest to track. Tracking customer data effectively requires a constant, automatic, expertly engineered CX feedback management platform.
Collecting quality data allows you to know your customers better, and keep track of their preferred modes of communication. The data will also show you the strengths and weaknesses in your customer service, according to the customers themselves. Tracking the subtleties of user experience with your website empowers you to optimize your site and try out new improvements.
And instead of keeping this data siloed among individual departments, a management platform allows it all to be shared in an accessible, dynamic way that encourages every team member to critically approach their tasks with the customer in mind.
When you provide top-tier experiences to your customers, your Net Promoter Score elevates as well.
Still feel like you need help? AskNicely can help you collect better customer feedback, today.